For vehicles with DSC, if the negative battery cable or the steering angle sensor connector or ROOM 15 A fuse is disconnected, the stored initial position of the steering angle sensor will be cleared and the DSC will not operate properly, making the vehicle unsafe to drive. Perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure after connecting the negative battery cable.
1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Remove the following parts:a. Driver-side air bag module (See DRIVER-SIDE AIR BAG MODULE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)b. Steering wheel (See STEERING WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)c. Column cover (See COLUMN COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)d. Clock spring (See CLOCK SPRING REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Disconnect the connector.
5. Disconnect the steering angle sensor connector. (Vehicles with DSC)
6. Remove the screws and then remove the combination switch.
7. Install in the reverse order of removal.
8. Perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure. (Vehicles with DSC)(See STEERING ANGLE SENSOR INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE.)
9. If the steering angle sensor (combination switch body) Is replaced, perform initialization of the DSC HU/CM steering angle signal. (See STEERING ANGLE SIGNAL INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE.)