1. Fully open the deck panel.
2. Remove the following parts:a. Console (See CONSOLE PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)b. Quarter trim (See QUARTER TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)c. Scuff plate (See SCUFF PLATE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)d. Tire house trim (See TIRE HOUSE TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)e. Aeroboard (See AEROBOARD REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)f. Front seat back bar garnish (See SEAT BACK BAR GARNISH REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)g. Back trim (See BACK TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Open the cable case cover and disconnect the cable while pressing the cable in the direction of the arrow. (See Roof Hook Install Note.)
4. Set the side shelf out of the way. (See SIDE SHELF REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Insert a Phillips screwdriver with no wear securely into each screw groove and remove the screws.
The screws are engaged firmly because thread-locking compound has been applied to them. When removing the screws, be careful not to deform the screw groove.
6. Remove the rod from the wire guide.
7. Remove tabs A using a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver, and then remove the wire guide plate.
8. Loosen the nut, then pull the roof hook cable in the direction shown by the arrow and remove it.
9. Remove the nut.
10. Remove the cable case.
11. Remove the roof hook cable from the hook and clip shown in the figure.
12. Install in the reverse order of removal.
If the roof hook cable is installed to the installation groove on the drain cover, it may become a source of noise during deck panel operation. Do not install it even if there is an installation groove on the drain cover.
1. Securely fix the 3 grooves to the cable case.