Place copper plates, rag, or similar material in a vise, when securing the mounting bracket portion of the steering gear.
1. Disassemble in the order indicated in the table.
(See Tie Rod Disassembly Note.)
Lock washer and o-ring
Locknut (adjusting cover)
Pinion shaft component
(See Holder Disassembly Note.)
Oil seal (holder side)
Oil seal (gear housing side)
1. Unclamp the washer.
2. Remove the tie rod.
1. Remove the clip and the dust cover, then remove the pinion plug using the SST.
2. Remove the pinion shaft component from the gear housing.
1. Remove the crimp from the holder and cylinder ends using a hacksaw.
2. Remove the holder using the SST.
1. Install the SST to the gear housing.
2. Remove the steering rack and oil seal (holder side) using a press.
3. Remove the oil seal (holder side) from the steering rack.
1. Set the SSTs as shown.
2. Install the SST to the gear housing.
3. Remove the oil seal (gear housing side) and inner guide using a press.
Press the mounting rubber out from the gear housing using the SSTs and a press.