When replacing the DSC HU/CM with a new one, configuration procedure must be performed before removing the DSC HU/CM. If configuration is not completed before removing the DSC HU/CM, DTC B2477 will be detected.
The internal parts of the ABS HU/CM could be damaged if dropped. Be careful not to drop the ABS HU/CM. Replace the ABS HU/CM if it is subjected to an impact.
1. Perform ABS configuration. (See ABS CONFIGURATION.)
2. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
3. Install in the reverse order of removal.
ABS HU/CM connector
(See Brake Pipe Removal Note.)
(See Brake Pipe Installation Note.)
ABS HU/CM, brake pipe
Brake pipe (ABS HU/CM—brake pipe joint)
1. Pull the lock lever up in the direction of the arrow.
2. Pull the connector toward the vehicle rear and remove it.
1. Place an alignment mark on the brake pipe and ABS HU/CM.
2. Apply protective tape to the connector to prevent brake fluid from entering.
3. Remove the brake pipe.
1. Align with the mark made before removing the brake pipe and temporarily install the brake pipe to the ABS HU/CM.
If the brake pipe is tightened to the specified torque, it may be difficult to install it to the vehicle. Therefore, only temporarily tighten the brake pipe so that it can still be moved.
1. Align the marks made before removal and install the brake pipe to the ABS HU/CM and brake pipe joint referring to the figure.
2. Tighten the brake pipe to the specified torque using the commercially available flare nut wrench.
1. After connecting the connector, verify that the lock lever is completely pushed in.