Fuel is very flammable liquid. If fuel spills or leaks from the pressurized fuel system, it will cause serious injury or death and facility breakage. Fuel can also irritate skin and eyes. To prevent this, always complete the “Fuel Line Safety Procedure”, while referring to the “BEFORE SERVICE PRECAUTION”.
1. Follow “BEFORE SERVICE PRECAUTION” before performing any work operations to prevent fuel from spilling from the fuel system. (See BEFORE SERVICE PRECAUTION [LF].)
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
4. Remove the fuel pump unit. (See FUEL PUMP UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
5. Siphon the fuel from the fuel tank.
Nonreturn valve is integrated in the fuel tank.
The nonreturn valve is normally closed by the spring force.
6. Verify that the nonreturn valve is closed.
If the nonreturn valve is stuck open and dose not open even when pulled up by a finger, replace the fuel tank. (See FUEL TANK REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)