For vehicles with the cruise control system, the audio control switch harness and the cruise control switch harness are united, therefore they cannot be separated.
1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Remove the driver-side air bag module. (See DRIVER-SIDE AIR BAG MODULE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Remove the steering wheel. (See STEERING WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Steering shift switch (AT vehicles)
Audio control switch
6. Install in the reverse order of removal.