1. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Hood release lever
Hood release cable
2. Install in the reverse order of removal.
3. Adjust the hood. (See HOOD ADJUSTMENT.)
1. Pull the lever.
2. While pushing the tab in the direction of the arrow using a tape-wrapped, small flathead screwdriver, detach it from the dashboard.
Remove the hood release lever while taking care not to damage the hood release cable with the flathead screwdriver.
3. Under the condition in Step 2, pull the hood release lever outward, then remove it from the dashboard.