When replacing the instrument cluster, the configuration procedure must be performed before removing the instrument cluster. Replacing the instrument cluster without performing the configuration procedure will result in system malfunction.
1. Perform the instrument cluster configuration when replacing it. (See INSTRUMENT CLUSTER CONFIGURATION.)
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF])
3. Remove the meter hood. (See METER HOOD REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Remove the lower panel. (See LOWER PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Remove the column cover. (See COLUMN COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
6. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
(See Clip B Removal Note.)
7. Install in the reverse order of removal.
8. When replacing the instrument cluster of vehicles with the immobilizer system, perform the following procedure:
1. Rotate the instrument cluster in the direction of the arrow and remove the instrument cluster.
1. Rotate the clip B 90°, then remove the clip B from the instrument cluster.