Some vehicles are equipped with the center panel unit installation bolt depending on the vehicle production period.
1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Remove the lower panel. (See LOWER PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Remove the knee bolster. (See KNEE BOLSTER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Remove the side wall. (See SIDE WALL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
6. Check if the vehicle has the installation bolt or not at the position shown in the figure from the underside of the driver-s seat.
7. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Center panel unit
Antenna feeder plug
8. Install in the reverse order of removal.
When installing the center panel unit, make sure that the wiring harness and antenna feeder are not caught between the unit and dashboard. If the wiring harness or the antenna feeder is caught between the unit and dashboard, it may cause malfunctions.
1. Pull the center panel unit outward, detach clip A from the dashboard, and then remove the center panel unit.
2. When removing the center panel unit, disconnect the audio unit connector (24-pin) first to aid in disconnecting other connectors and the antenna plug.