1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Remove the selector lever knob (AT), shift lever knob (MT).
4. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Front cover(see Front Cover Removal Note)
Parking brake lever boot
Parking brake lever boot plate
Power window main switch connector
Indicator compartment connector (AT)
5. Install in the reverse order of removal.
1. Adhere protective tape in the shaded area shown in the figure and remove the clips using a fastener remover inserted in the position indicated by the arrow.
2. Remove the front cover in the direction shown in the figure.