1. Fully open the deck panel.
2. Cover both sides of the rear window glass with thick cloth to protect the window.
3. Remove the battery cover.
4. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION[LF].)
5. Remove the following parts:a. Console (See CONSOLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)b. Quarter trim (See QUARTER TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)c. Scuff plate (See SCUFF PLATE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)d. Tire house trim (See TIRE HOUSE TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)e. Aeroboard (See AEROBOARD REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)f. Front seat back bar garnish (See SEAT BACK BAR GARNISH REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)g. Back trim (See BACK TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)h. Seat belt upper anchor installation bolt (See SEAT BELT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)i. Power retractable hardtop link bracket (See POWER RETRACTABLE HARDTOP LINK BRACKET REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)j. Cab-side weatherstrip (See CONVERTIBLE TOP DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY.)k. Power retractable hardtop (See POWER RETRACTABLE HARDTOP REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
Verify the number of shims because it differs depending on the installation position.
6. When removing the front roof panel, place the positioning mark by affixing masking tape on the roof link and front roof panel.
7. Remove the tabs A and hook B.
8. Remove the cover.
9. Remove the bolts and washers.
10. Remove the sims.
11. Remove the front roof panel.
12. Install in the reverse order of removal.
1. Install the shim according to the number verified prior to removal.
2. Align the alignment marks placed before the front roof panel removal and install the front roof panel.
3. Refer to POWER RETRACTABLE HARDTOP ADJUSTMENT and verify that the gap and height difference between the front roof panel and middle roof panel are within the specifications. Adjust the power retractable hardtop if necessary. (See POWER RETRACTABLE HARDTOP ADJUSTMENT.)