If the deck panel does not operate electrically, see “DECK PANEL MANUAL OPEN/CLOSE PROCEDURE” to open/close the deck panel. (See DECK PANEL MANUAL OPEN/CLOSE PROCEDURE.)
1. Fully open the deck panel.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION[LF].)
4. Set the side shelf out of the way. (See SIDE SHELF REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Insert a Phillips screwdriver with no wear securely into each screw groove and remove the screws.
The screws are engaged firmly because thread-locking compound has been applied to them. When removing the screws, be careful not to deform the screw groove.
6. Remove the rod from the wire guide.
7. Remove tabs A using a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver, and then remove the wire guide plate.
8. Loosen the nut, then pull the roof hook cable in the direction shown by the arrow and remove it.
9. Remove the bolts.
10. Disconnect the deck panel motor connectors.
11. Disconnect the high-mount brake light connector.
12. Disconnect the deck panel limit switch connector.
13. Remove the deck panel.
14. Install in the reverse order of removal.