1. Fully lower the driver-side door glass.
2. Connect the M-MDS to the DLC-2.
3. Pull out the M-MDS cable from the door glass opening and set the M-MDS outside the vehicle.
Protect the cable and body contact area with a clean rag, otherwise they could be damaged.
4. After the vehicle is identified, select the following items from the initialization screen of the M-MDS.
When using the IDS (laptop PC)
When using the PDS (Pocket PC)
5. Then, select items from the screen menu in the following order.
Select “PATS functions“.
Select “Card Key Code Erase and Program“.
6. Security access begins and the M-MDS displays the “OUT-CODE“.
When “OUT-CODE“ is first displayed, turning the ignition switch from the LOCK to the ON position 5 times will change the “OUT-CODE”.
7. Input the “IN-CODE“ that corresponds to the “OUT-CODE“ displayed in the M-MDS screen.