When the passenger"s seat is removed, perform the seat weight sensor inspection using the M-MDS after installing the passenger"s seat. (See SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR INSPECTION.)
When the passenger"s seat is replaced with a new one, perform the seat weight sensor calibration using the M-MDS. (See SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR CALIBRATION.)
1. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait for 1 min or more. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
4. Press connector tab A in the direction of the arrow.
5. Pull out the connector lock in the direction of the arrow and disconnect the connector.
6. Insert your hand through part a shown in the figure and pull the anchor cover outward. (passenger"s seat)
7. Detach the clip tabs and slide the anchor cover to the vehicle front and remove it. (passenger"s seat)
8. Remove the lower anchor installation bolt of the seat belt. (passenger"s seat) (See SEAT BELT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
9. Remove the bolts, then remove the seat.
10. Install in the reverse order of removal.
11. Perform the weight sensor initialization procedure. (See SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR CALIBRATION.)