Removing the hood without proper support can be dangerous. The hood may fall and injure you. Always perform the following procedure with at least another person.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (SeeBATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
2. To remove the hood hinge, remove the following parts:a. Front bumper (See FRONT BUMPER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)b. Front combination lights (See FRONT COMBINATION LIGHT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)c. Side step molding (SeeSIDE STEP MOLDING REMOVAL.) (SeeSIDE STEP MOLDING INSTALLATION.)d. Front fender panel (See FRONT FENDER PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Shroud seal weatherstrip
4. Install in the reverse order of removal.
5. Adjust the hood. (See HOOD ADJUSTMENT.)