1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Remove the side panel. (See SIDE PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Disconnect the connector.
5. Remove the PAD switch.
6. Install in the reverse order of removal.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Verify that the air bag system warning light illuminates for approx. 6 s and goes out.
If the air bag system warning light does not operate normally, refer to the on-board diagnostic system (air bag system) and perform inspection of the system.