1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Discharge the refrigerant from the system. (See REFRIGERANT CHARGING.)
4. Remove the air cleaner. (See INTAKE-AIR SYSTEM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
5. Remove the splash shield.
6. Remove the under cover.
7. Do not allow remaining compressor oil in the piping and connecting parts to spill, and remove in the order indicated in the table.
If moisture or foreign material enters the refrigeration cycle, cooling ability will be lowered and abnormal noise or other malfunction could occur. Always plug open fittings immediately after removing any refrigeration cycle parts.
Cooler pipe No.2 (HI)
Cooler pipe No.1 (HI)
Cooler pipe No.3 (LO)
Cooler hose (LO)
Cooler hose (HI)
8. Install in the reverse order of removal.
9. Perform the refrigerant system performance test. (See REFRIGERANT SYSTEM PERFORMANCE TEST.)
1. Disconnect the block joint type pipes by grasping the female side of the block with pliers or similar tool and holding firmly, and then remove the connection bolt or nut.
1. Temporarily tighten the joint bolt by hand.
2. Connect the block joint type pipes by grasping the female side of the block with pliers or similar tool and holding firmly, and then tighten the connection bolt or nut with a torque wrench.