1. Remove battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Discharge the refrigerant from the system. (See REFRIGERANT RECOVERY.) (See REFRIGERANT CHARGING.)
4. Drain the engine coolant. (See ENGINE COOLANT REPLACEMENT [LF].)
5. Disconnect from A/C unit in the order in the table.
If moisture or foreign material enters the refrigeration cycle, cooling ability will be lowered and abnormal noise or other malfunction could occur. Always plug open fittings immediately after removing any refrigeration cycle parts.
Cooler pipe No.3 (LO)
Cooler pipe No.2 (HI)
6. Remove the A/C unit and air dist unit. (See AIR DIST UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
7. Disassembly the A/C unit as shown in the figure.
8. Install in the reverse order of removal.
9. Perform the refrigerant system performance test. (See REFRIGERANT SYSTEM PERFORMANCE TEST.)