Before performing the following inspection, make sure to follow the procedure as indicated in the troubleshooting flowchart. (See HOW TO USE THIS MANUAL.)
1. Inspect the following items:
2. Disconnect the PSP switch connector.
3. Start the engine.
4. Verify that the continuity between PSP switch terminal A and body ground is as indicated in the table.
If not as indicated in the table, replace the CPP switch. (See POWER STEERING OIL PUMP DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY.)
If the monitor item condition/specification (reference) is not within the specification, even though there is no malfunction, perform the “Circuit Open/Short Inspection”.
1. Disconnect the PCM connector. (See PCM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
2. Inspect the following wiring harness for open or short circuit (continuity Inspection).
If there is no continuity, there is an open circuit. Repair or replace the wiring harness.
PSP switch terminal A and PCM terminal 2T
If there is continuity, there is a short circuit. Repair or replace the wiring harness.
PSP switch terminal A and body ground