Remove and install all parts when the engine is cold, otherwise they can cause severe burns or serious injury.
When the battery cables are connected, touching the vehicle body with generator terminal B will generate sparks. This can cause personal injury, fire, and damage to the electrical components. Always disconnect the battery negative cable before performing the following operation.
The generator can be damaged by the heat from the exhaust manifold. Make sure the generator duct is installed securely.
1. Remove the battery and battery tray. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
2. Remove the drive belt. (See DRIVE BELT REPLACEMENT [LF].)
3. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
4. Install in the reverse order of removal.
P/S pressure hose bracket
B terminal cable
1. Tighten bolt A temporarily.
2. Tighten bolt B, C to the specified tightening torque.
3. Tighten bolt A to the specified tightening torque.