1. Remove the plug hole plate. (See PLUG HOLE PLATE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
4. Drain the engine coolant from the radiator. (See ENGINE COOLANT REPLACEMENT [LF].)
5. Remove the service hole cover.a. Remove the suspension tower bar (joint), (right side) and (left side). (See FRONT SUSPENSION TOWER BAR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)b. Remove the wiper arm. (See WIPER ARM AND BLADE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)c. Remove the cowl grille. (See COWL GRILLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)d. Remove the side cowl grille. (See SIDE COWL GRILLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)e. Move the cooler pipe No.3 and heater pipe slightly out of the way.
f. Remove the service hole cover.
6. Remove the harness bracket.
7. Disconnect the heater hose and move the heater pipe slightly out of the way.
8. Disconnect the EGR valve connector.
9. Set the SST to the EGR valve installation bolt.
10. Remove both EGR valve installation bolts.
11. Remove the EGR valve with the engine coolant hose.
12. Disconnect the engine coolant hose from the EGR valve.
13. Replace the EGR valve gasket.
14. Install in the reverse order of removal.