1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (SeeBATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
2. Remove the trunk end trim. (See TRUNK END TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Remove the partition board. (See PARTITION BOARD REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Remove the trunk side trim. (See TRUNK SIDE TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Remove the rear combination lights. (See REAR COMBINATION LIGHT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
6. Remove the screws.
7. Splash shield, detach tabs A, and then remove the splash shield.
8. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Energy absorbing form
(See Reflector Removal Note.)
(See Rear Bumper Removal Note.)
9. Install in the reverse order of removal.
1. Pull the rear bumper ends (wheel arch) outward to detach from the bumper slider.
When detaching the rear bumper from the bumper slider, the rear bumper could fall and be damaged. Secure the rear bumper so that it does not fall.
1. Spread the rear bumper ends (wheel arches) apart.
2. Attach the rear bumper to the body.
3. Press the rear bumper connecting area into the body to engage with the bumper slider.
1. Lift the reflector up in the direction of the arrow, then unhook it from rear bumper.