1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Remove the following parts:a. Driver-side air bag module (See DRIVER-SIDE AIR BAG MODULE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)b. Steering wheel (See STEERING WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)c. Column cover (See COLUMN COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
5. Install in the reverse order of removal.
6. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
7. Verify that the air bag system warning light illuminates for approx. 6 s and goes out.
If the air bag system warning light does not operate normally, refer to the on-board diagnostic system (air bag system) and perform inspection of the system.
If the clock spring is not adjusted, the spring wire in the clock spring could over-wind and break when the steering wheel is turned. Always adjust the clock spring after installing it.
1. Adjust the clock spring after installing it. (See CLOCK SPRING ADJUSTMENT.)