Handling the SAS control module improperly can accidentally deploy the air bag modules and pre-tensioner seat belt, which may seriously injure you. Read the air bag system service warnings and cautions before handling the SAS control module. (See AIR BAG SYSTEM SERVICE WARNINGS.) (See AIR BAG SYSTEM SERVICE CAUTIONS.)
Handling the SAS control module improperly can accidentally deploy the air bag modules and pre-tensioner seat belt, which may seriously injure you. If configuration is not completed before removing the SAS control module, DTC B2477 will be displayed.
1. Perform SAS control module configuration when replacing it. (See SAS CONTROL MODULE CONFIGURATIONS.)
2. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
3. Remove the battery cover.
4. Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait for 1 min or more. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
5. Remove the following parts:a. Console (See CONSOLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)b. Side wall (See SIDE WALL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)c. Console panel (See CONSOLE PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)d. Keyless antenna (interior, middle) (See KEYLESS ANTENNA REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [ADVANCED KEYLESS SYSTEM].)
6. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
SAS control module
7. Install in the reverse order of removal.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
If the SAS control module is replaced, turn the ignition switch to the ON position for 20 s or more after completing the configuration. (See SAS CONTROL MODULE CONFIGURATION.)
9. Verify that the air bag system warning light illuminates for approx. 6 s and goes out.
If the air bag system warning light does not operate normally, refer to the on-board diagnostic system (air bag system) and perform inspection of the system.