1. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait for 1 min or more. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
4. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Connector (air bag module)
(See Connector Removal Note.)
Connector (horn switch)
Driver-side air bag module
5. Install in the reverse order of removal.
6. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
7. Verify that the air bag system warning light illuminates for approx. 6 s and goes out.
If the air bag system warning light does not operate normally, refer to the on-board diagnostic system (air bag system) and perform inspection of the system.
1. Using a flathead screwdriver, pry out the connector stopper plate.
2. Disconnect the connector.