1. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
2. Install in the reverse order of removal.
3. If the steering lock component of a vehicle equipped with the advanced keyless system is replaced, perform the following procedure after installation.
Without immobilizer system
Steering lock unit programming (See STEERING LOCK UNIT ID CODE REGISTRATION[ADVANCED KEYLESS SYSTEM].)
With immobilizer system
Immobilizer system resetting (See IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM COMPONENT REPLACEMENT/KEY ADDITION AND CLEARING[KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM].)
Air bag module
(See Steering Wheel Removal Note.)
Steering lock mounting bolts
Steering lock component
Do not try to remove the steering wheel by hitting the shaft with a hammer. The column will collapse.
1. Set the vehicle in the straight‐ahead position.
2. Remove the steering wheel using a suitable puller.
1. Make a groove in the heads of the steering lock mounting bolts using a chisel and a hammer.
2. Remove the bolts using a screwdriver.
3. Disassemble the steering lock component.
1. Assemble the steering lock component to the steering shaft.
2. Verify that the lock operates correctly.
3. Install new steering lock mounting bolts.
4. Tighten the bolts until the heads break off.
Do not apply a shock in the axial direction of the shaft.
1. Lock the tilt lever.
2. Tighten nut A.
3. Tighten nut B.
4. Tighten bolt C.
1. Make sure the wheels in the straight‐ahead position, and install the steering wheel.