Do not turn the steering wheel during the fluid level inspection, otherwise the fluid level changes and cannot be inspected correctly.
1. Inspect the fluid level. (SeePOWER STEERING FLUID INSPECTION.)
2. Jack up the front of the vehicle and support it on safety stands.
3. Turn the steering wheel fully to the left and right several times with the engine not running.
4. Reinspect the fluid level.
If it has dropped, add fluid.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until the fluid level stabilizes.
6. Lower the vehicle.
7. Start the engine and let it idle.
8. Turn the steering wheel fully to the left and right several times.
9. Verify that the fluid is not foamy and that the fluid level has not dropped.
If the fluid level has dropped, add fluid as necessary and repeat Steps 8 and 9.