1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (engine off).
2. With the brake pedal depressed, verify that there is a “click” at each range when shifted.
3. Verify that the selector lever can be shifted.
4. Verify that there is a “click” at each position when shifted from the P position to the M range.
5. Verify that the positions of the selector lever and the indicator are aligned.
If there is any malfunction, adjust the TR switch. (See TRANSMISSION RANGE (TR) SWITCH ADJUSTMENT [SJ6A-EL].)
6. Verify that the vehicle operates in each selected range.