Water or foreign material entering the connector can cause poor connections or corrosion. Be sure that water or foreign material do not enter the connector when disconnecting it.
1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
3. Disconnect the turbine sensor connector.
Do not apply a shock in the turbine sensor.
Do not damage the terminals.
4. Measure the resistance between the turbine sensor terminals.
If there is any malfunction, replace the turbine sensor. (See TURBINE SENSOR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [SJ6A-EL].)
Turbine sensor resistance
5. Connect the turbine sensor connector.
6. Connect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
7. Install the battery cover.