Performing the following procedures without first removing the ABS wheel-speed sensor may possibly cause an open circuit in the wiring harness if it is pulled by mistake. Before operations, remove the ABS wheel-speed sensor (axle side) and move the sensor away from the harnesses.
1. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
2. Install in the reverse order of removal.
3. Inspect the rear wheel alignment. (See REAR WHEEL ALIGNMENT.)
Rear lateral link (upper) ball joint
Rear lateral link (upper)
(See Dust Boot Installation Note.)
1. Using the SST, disconnect the rear lateral link (upper) ball joint.
When removing the rear lateral link (upper) ball joint, the rear knuckle bushing may also come off. If it comes off, replace the rear knuckle.
1. Wipe the grease off the ball joint stud.
2. Fill the inside of the new dust boot with grease.
3. Using the SST, install the dust boot to the ball joint.
4. Wipe off the excess grease.