For vehicles with DSC, if the negative battery cable is disconnected, the stored initial position of the steering angle sensor will be cleared and the DSC will not operate properly, making the vehicle unsafe to drive. Perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure after connecting the negative battery cable.
1. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
2. Install in the reverse order of removal.
3. Perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure. (See STEERING ANGLE SENSOR INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE.)
(See Battery Cover Removal Note.)
Negative battery cable
Positive battery cable
(See Battery Duct Removal Note.)
1. Remove the rubber hose from the battery cover.
2. Remove the battery cover from its right side.
1. Remove the under cover.
2. Remove the battery duct.
1. When connecting the negative battery cable to the battery, connect the negative battery cable and the ground cable as shown in the figure.