1. Remove the battery cover. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF])
3. Remove the intake manifold and the fuel distributor component as a single unit. (See INTAKE-AIR SYSTEM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [LF].)
4. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
(See Retainer Removal Note.)
(See Retainer Installation Note.)
5. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Be sure to follow the removal procedures below to prevent the leakage of blow-by gas caused by the damage to the tab of the oil separator or the oil separator itself.
1. Insert a flat blade screwdriver with its tip wrapped in a waste cloth into the gap between the retainer and the oil separator as shown in the figure.
2. Spread the side surface of the retainer outward to dismount it with attention to the tab.
Be sure to replace the old retainer with a new one to prevent the escape of blow-by gas. Reinstalling the old retainer will reduce airtightness.
1. Make sure that the retainer alignment mark is directed as shown in the left diagram before install the retainer to the oil separator.